Click Here to download job description (PDF)
This is a mid-level management position. In conjunction with the Executive Director and the Dental Director, the office manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and ensuring consistency across TCDC sites.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, hourly.
The position reports to the Executive Director (ED)
- Proven success in managing a team of at least 5 employees.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Fluent, spoken and written, in English and Spanish.
- Positive, flexible, helpful.
- Sound judgement and composure in response to emotional and emergent situations.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and professionally.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, stay solutions focused.
- Ability to delegate tasks and provide oversight.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Must have reliable transportation – travel to and from TCDC locations will be required.
- This position is an active position and will require sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Daily working with hands will be required (keyboarding).
- Working with computers, and other standard office equipment.
- Must be available to work occasional overtime.
- Willing to learn and be a part of organizational growth
- Deliver services related to the position of Patient Services Coordinator as needed and no less than sixty percent (60%) of the workweek. The remainder of the work week will be spent on administrative duties.
- Supervise and oversee training of front office staff.
- Monitor patient scheduling to ensure efficiencies.
- Shift scheduling and reviewing time-off requests for staff.
- Facilitate and participate in staff development and training.
- Facilitate cross-training among front office staff positions.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of TCDC sites.
- Triaging and problem-solving operations issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and supply issues.
- Assist in moving forward with strategic initiatives as directed by the ED.
- Address day-to-day challenges and complaints.
- Ensure consistency and compliance in office policies and procedures across all sites.
- Advise ED of any potential conflicts or labor relations issues.
- Manage initial response to workplace accidents and injuries, ensure first aid and documentation.
- Contribute to performance evaluations.
BENEFICIAL TO THE POSITION
- Basic understanding of Human Resources and Labor Law.
- Effective in conflict resolution
- Dental Office experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and HIPAA Regulations